BG Dionigi Maria Loria
Future Forces Forum Future Forces Exhibition 2016 Logistics Capability Workshop (LCWS) 2016
Director LOGRES Directorate
EU Military Staff (EUMS)
EUMS Perspective on Multinational Logistics in EU Missions and Operations
Co-presentation with COL Pedro JOOREN.
- The EU Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP)
- The European Union Military Staff
- An overview of the current CSDP military operations & missions
- Multinational logistics, the EUMS' perspective:
- Why multinational logistics matters
- Constraints, challenges, risks & opportunities
- The toolbox: fostering multinational logistics (partnership and cooperation)
- What next: from multinational logistics to integrated logistics?
BG Dionigi LORIA first joined the Army in 1978. As part of his National Service he attended the Mountain Troops School Officers’ Course. He then joined the Military Academy. As a junior officer he held various commands and staff appointments, including Transport Company and Army Aviation Maintenance Squadron Commander. From 1992 to 1995 he served at the Army General Staff – Logistic Division. In 1995 he was assigned to the ACE Mobile Force (Land) in Heidelberg (GE) as Deputy Assistant Chief of Staff G4. After attending the Higher Command and Staff Course he worked at the Army General Staff – Planning Division and subsequently was appointed Chief Technical Unit 2nd Army Aviation Support Regiment. In 2002 he became Chief International Activities, Army General Staff in Rome. Promoted Colonel, he was appointed Commander of the 6th Logistic Regiment in Pisa and deployed to Lebanon (UNIFIL). Leaving command of the Regiment he attended the Centre des Hautes Etudes Militaires and the Institut des Hautes Etudes de Defence in Paris. In 2009 he was appointed Chief J4 of the Joint Operations HQ in Rome. Subsequently, he was posted to The Allied Rapid Reaction Corps in UK as Assistant Chief of Staff CSS plans. On 2 January 2013 he was promoted Brigadier General and on 15 March 2013 assumed his current position as Director of Logistics of the European Union Military Staff.