Looking Back to the FFF 2018
FUTURE FORCES FORUM (FFF) – the top event in the defence and security in the Czech Republic was held in Prague, October 17 - 19, 2018. The traditional international meeting of industry, armed and security forces, scientists, universities and international organizations representatives was attended by over 7,000 professionals from more than 65 countries.
The professional community used the opportunity to share information on the direction of security forces, the development of new military technologies and future threats during the different events held within the FFF project.
As usual, the event consisted of the international Future Forces Exhibition and a number of expert conferences, workshops and bilateral meetings focusing on the current and future needs of the armed and security forces, population protection and critical infrastructure. Dynamic demonstrations of the capabilities of armed and security forces, as well as demonstrations of the latest technologies were included in the FFF programme.
World premieres and technological news
The participants had the opportunity to get acquainted with the latest products and technologies from both domestic and foreign producers, who also prepared several world premieres.
One of the most important is undoubtedly the introduction of the LIAZ SkySpotter 150 multipurpose unmanned helicopter. The machine is designed to perform complex tactical tasks in difficult terrain and increases the efficiency of monitoring. It carries up to 40 kg of load in the form of monitoring and detection devices.
Ceská zbrojovka (CZ) introduced a new version of the rifle BREN 2. Compared to the current Czech Army rifles, the BREN 2 BR differs mainly by calibre 7.62x51, and is generally more robust and larger. CZ plans on selling to mainly military and special police units within NATO allied countries.
The joint DELINFO, Optokon and Tatra Defence Vehicle booth featured the latest enhanced LRPV Gepard lightweight combat car built on the proven chassis of the Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series.
Safran Electronics & Defense, France, and Pramacom-HT, Czech Republic, presented for the first time PASEO ISTAR, a dual capability C4ISTAR/target engagement system based on the well-established Safran’s PASEO stabilized panoramic sight for land applications.
Over 170 companies presented their military and safety technologies: the modernized helicopter Mi-171š (LOM PRAHA), the virtual shooting range and air simulator (VR GROUP), the system of protection of persons and critical infrastructure, the UGV TAROS 2 robotic system (VOP CZ), the light multipurpose vehicle (ARQUUS), two CV90 infantry combat vehicles, including the latest MkIV (BAE SYSTEMS), unmanned vehicle and the latest Future Soldier System of the Canadian Army (RHEINMETALL DEFENSE), BVP PUMA (PSM), BVP ASCOD (GDELS), the Czech PERUN armored vehicle (SVOS), inflatable rescue tent (GUMOTEX), C4ISTAR systems (ICZ, Delinfo, Optokon, JISR Institute, Pramacom-HT, Rohde & Schwarz, Mesit, Interlink-CS, Aliter Technologies), a portfolio of small firearms, optics and tactical equipment - Ceská zbrojovka, 4M Systems, LUVO Firearms, FK BRNO, LEUPOLD Optics, BARRETT, ProAmmo including a UTM training shooting range, Night Pearl (ZAHORI Trade), ARGUN, member companies of the CLUTEX technical textiles cluster, WILEY X, SCHUBERTH, REVISION Military, and many others. Cyber security and biometrics solutions have been presented at the Cyber Pavilion through fourteen companies headed by Fidelis Cybersecurity and Deloitte.
Among the institutions, the Ministry of Defence and the Czech Armed Forces, the Defence Ministry of the Netherlands, USA, Hungary and Israel, five NATO Centres of Excellence, the Police, the Emergency Medical Services, and the Prison Service were presented on the exhibition area. The dynamic demonstrations included the latest systems of the Future Soldier of the Czech Republic and the Netherlands, the use of exoskeletons in military missions, the tactical system of the Police Specialist and the Prison Service. On the outside area, a demonstration of the intervention of special units of the Police, Fire and Rescue Service, Emergency Medial Services and Prison Service.
Current topics and wide involvement of experts
The importance of FFF has also been confirmed by the participation of over 1,200 official delegates including leading government officials, armed and security forces, international organizations including NATO and EDA, working groups, project managers of armament and modernization programs, and many others.
More than 240 top-level speakers took part in the FFF programme. The main themes included individual equipment, armament and protection; defence against weapons of mass destruction (CBRN); military and emergency health care; unmanned and robotic means; logistic security; geography, hydrometeorology and global navigation satellite systems; cyber security and defence; and biometrics.
- 06.01.2020Future Forces Exhibition 2020
- 20.12.2019Season's Greetings
- 25.11.2019SCADA Security 2019 - Final Report
- 15.11.2019Meet us at Milipol Paris
- 11.11.2019Veterans Day
- 06.11.2019-10% Early Bird for Future Forces Exhibition 2020
- 16.10.2019Upcoming FFF Event: SCADA Security Conference 2019
- 16.10.2019Arbit Presents C4ISR and Cyber Security Solutions at Future Forces 2020
- 08.10.2019PlastPack Defence Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 18.09.2019Upcoming FFF Event: 5G Workshop 2019
- 13.09.20196th Forum Commanders of European Land Forces
- 12.09.2019CONCORDIA Textiles at Future Forces 2020 Exhibits Special Textiles for Army and Police
- 05.09.2019KOUTNÝ Presents Battle Uniforms at Future Forces 2020
- 17.07.2019Dantherm Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 17.07.2019SET Security Equipment Technologies Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 05.06.2019Bo Gwang I&T Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 05.06.2019International Tender for 4x4 multi-purpose vehicles for Slovak Armed Forces
- 04.06.2019FFF Events are Organized Under the Auspices of the Minister of Defence
- 20.05.2019Carrington Textiles Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 16.05.2019ACLIMA Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 10.05.2019TAIGA Climate Protection Systems Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 11.04.2019We Became a Member of the AFCEA Czech Chapter
- 08.04.2019WE ARE NATO - 70th Anniversary and 20 Years of the Czech Republic Membership
- 02.04.2019Interview with MAJ Magnus Hallberg (SWE), Vice-chairman NATO LCGDSS at FFF 2018
- 05.02.2019VOP CZ signs Memorandum of Cooperation with the Czech Ministry of Defence
- 18.01.2019Meet us at SHOT SHOW 2019
- 17.01.2019Looking Back to the FFF 2018
- 23.12.2018Season's Greetings
- 03.12.2018Final Report & Catalogue FFF 2018
- 29.11.2018FFF in the Czech and international media
- 23.10.2018FFF 2018 Successfully Concluded
- 04.10.2018LEONARDO Helicopters becomes VIP Lounge Sponsor
- 03.10.2018UPDATE from the FUTURE FORCES EXHIBITION
- 02.10.2018Presentation of Medical Rescue Service of South Bohemia Region
- 02.10.2018Safran and Pramacom present new sight system PASEO ISTAR for Infantry Fight Vehicle At Future Forces Forum
- 01.10.2018Unique Biometrics and Cyber Conference in Prague
- 01.10.2018The latest defence and security technologies – FUTURE FORCES FORUM again in Prague in October
- 13.09.2018Luxfer Magtech presents its self-heating product line HeaterMeals used by the US military
- 04.09.2018Carrington / Pincroft named official European printer for MultiCam®
- 31.08.2018Dynamit Nobel Defence presents weapon and simulation systems at FFF
- 24.08.2018BAE Systems will showcase a range of capabilities across land and sea at Future Forces Exhibition
- 17.08.2018CONCORDIA Textiles presents special textiles for military and police forces
- 15.08.2018OPTOKON becomes Gold Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel
- 07.08.2018JISR Institute and URC Systems at Baltic CESMO Trial 2018
- 24.07.2018ROHDE & SCHWARZ becomes Silver Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel
- 28.06.2018Newsletter #12/June 2018
- 02.06.2018JISR Institute becomes Gold Partner of the C4ISTAR Panel within the Future Forces Individual Systems Congress
- 31.05.2018Fire Rescue corps of the Czech Republic will present its capabilities at FFF
- 15.05.2018Welcome Word from the Chairman of the NATO Military Committee
- 03.05.2018BAE SYSTEMS Exhibits at the Future Forces Exhibition