Česká zbrojovka (CZ) to Acquire Colt
Česká zbrojovka Group (CZG) on 11 February 2021 signed a definitive agreement to acquire 100% of the outstanding equity interest in Colt Holding Company LLC, the parent company of U.S. firearms manufacturer, Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC as well as its Canadian subsidiary, Colt Canada Corporation.
CZ is Partner and one of the main exhibitors of the FUTURE FORCES FORUM.
Subject to the terms and conditions of the definitive agreement, CZG shall acquire a 100% stake in Colt for upfront cash consideration of $220 million and the issuance of 1,098,620 shares of newly issued CZG common stock. The agreement also provides for potential earnout consideration of up to 1,098,620 shares of newly issued CZG common stock if defined EBITDA thresholds are achieved in years 2021 - 2023.
Commenting on today’s announcement, Lubomír Kovařík, President and Chairman of CZG, said: “This merger is a strategic step for both companies. The acquisition of Colt, an iconic brand and a benchmark for the military, law enforcement and commercial markets globally, fits perfectly in our strategy to become the leader in the firearms manufacturing industry and a key partner for the armed forces. We are proud to include Colt, which has stood shoulder-to- shoulder with the U.S. Army for over 175 years, in our portfolio. We believe in the successful connection of our corporate cultures, the proven track record of the current management team and the complementary nature of the CZ and Colt brands. The combined group will have revenues in excess of USD 500 million and presents a real small arms powerhouse. The experience of CZ and Colt management will further strengthen both brands and ensure CZ and Colt continue to deliver top quality products and solutions to all our customers.”
Dennis Veilleux, President and CEO of Colt, agreed: “We are very pleased with the prospect of such a strategic combination. Having completed a historic turn-around of the operations and financial performance at Colt over the past five years, this important next step with CZG positions the company to take advantage of significant growth opportunities. We are excited to join forces with CZG which will be a powerful combination for both brands and for our customers.”
The acquisition is to be financed from the Company’s existing cash resources, including recent IPO proceeds, and from the contemplated bond issuance. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval but is anticipated to close in the second quarter of 2021.
With this strategic move, CZG will acquire significant production capacity in the United States and Canada and substantially expand its global customer base. Colt is a traditional supplier to global military and law enforcement customers. Among others, Colt is a long-term supplier to the U.S. Army (which relationship dates back over 175 years) and, through its Canadian subsidiary, Colt a designated exclusive supplier of small arms to the Canadian military.
About CZG - Česká zbrojovka Group SE
CZG – Česká zbrojovka Group (CZG), together with its subsidiaries, is one of the leading European producers of firearms for military and law enforcement, personal defense, hunting, sport shooting and other civilian use. CZG markets and sells its products mainly under the CZ (Česká zbrojovka), CZ-USA, Dan Wesson, Brno Rifles and 4M Systems brands. CZG’s subsidiaries include Česká zbrojovka, CZ-USA, 4M Systems and CZ Export Praha. CZG owns a minority stake in Spuhr i Dalby, a Swedish manufacturer of optical mounting solutions for weapons.
CZG is headquartered in the Czech Republic. It has production facilities in the Czech Republic and in the United States and employs around 1,650 people in the Czech Republic, the United States and Germany.
Colt is one of the world’s leading designers, developers, and manufacturers of firearms. It has supplied civilian, military and law enforcement customers in the U.S. and throughout the world for over 175 years.Colt is a supplier to the U.S. military, the exclusive supplier to the Canadian military and it also supplies its products to other armed forces around the world. Colt firearms enjoy a reputation throughout the world for accuracy, reliability and quality. Colt pistols and revolvers are carried by military and law enforcement personnel in numerous countries and are used by hunters and sportsmen and sportswomen worldwide. Colt commercial, sporting, military and law enforcement rifles enjoy similar renown.
- 20.04.2021Air Defence Conference 2021 will be a virtual event
- 06.04.2021Postponed FFF was to host several world premieres
- 22.03.2021Announcement of postponement - FFF will not take place live in April 2021
- 16.02.2021Rheinmetall’s Lynx KF41 answers new battlefield threats
- 12.02.2021Česká zbrojovka (CZ) to Acquire Colt
- 12.02.2021Possible Future Tank for the Czech Armed Forces
- 11.02.2021Recruitment of Members of the 43rd Airborne Regiment of the Czech Armed Forces
- 10.02.2021GDELS Awarded Order for 57 EAGLE 4x4 Vehicles for Danish Armed Forces
- 09.02.2021DDoS Attacks on FFF and Future Forces Exhibition Servers
- 04.02.2021Air Defence Conference 2021
- 29.01.2021"New Ideas for NATO 2030" – a youth event organized by NATO
- 25.01.2021Number of Confirmed Foreign Delegations to FFF is Growing
- 22.01.2021Possibility to Participate in the NIAG Studies
- 12.01.2021The First Czech Command of a Foreign Mission Successfully Completed
- 05.01.2021FFF Contributed to the Modernization of Military University Hospital Prague
- 23.12.2020Season's Greetings
- 03.12.2020How can the wars of the future look like? Outlines were presented by DefSec Innovation Hub project
- 26.11.2020The Command Assembly supported the modernization of the Czech Armed Forces and rejected cuts in defence spending
- 23.11.2020FFF & CZ DEFENCE – Discounted Offer of Online Campaigns
- 11.11.2020Veterans Day
- 04.11.2020Czech MoD to launch a market survey for the project "Medium Wheeled Armored Vehicle"
- 21.10.2020MESAS 2020 conference went virtually
- 21.10.2020Backup medical facility is being built at PVA EXPO PRAHA instead of the FFF 2020
- 07.10.2020COLSYS - AUTOMATIK became the main partner of the Future of Cyber Conference
- 06.10.2020Welcome Word from the Minister of Industry & Trade and Minister of Transport
- 01.10.2020POSTPONEMENT OF THE FFF TO A NEW TERM 28 - 30 APRIL 2021
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the President of the DSIA
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the Chairman of the Future of Cyber Conference
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the General Director of the Fire Rescue Service
- 29.09.2020Welcome Word from the Prime Minister
- 25.09.2020Welcome Word from the President of the Chamber of Deputies
- 21.09.2020JISR Institute again at Future Forces
- 18.09.2020Bruhn NewTech Exhibits at Future Forces
- 16.09.2020Registration for the FFF 2020 Started
- 15.09.2020GENERAL DYNAMICS European Land Systems Becomes General Partner of Future Forces Exhibition
- 15.09.2020Official Delegation of the Minister of Defence of North Macedonia to the FFF
- 15.09.2020Nigerian Army Official Delegation to the FFF
- 15.09.2020Atlantis telecom Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 14.09.2020Welcome Word from the President of the Czech Republic
- 12.09.2020FFF Supports REGI BASE Foundation
- 09.09.2020Audiopro at Future Forces 2020
- 07.09.2020LOCKHEED MARTIN Becomes General Partner of the FFF
- 04.09.2020MyDefence as a Part of Danish Exposition
- 31.08.2020FFF and MLCC Cancels the Logistics Capability Conference 2020
- 27.08.2020KATADYN GROUP at Future Forces
- 25.08.2020Dencrypt Exhibits at Future Forces 2020
- 18.08.2020GLENAIR – Mission-Critical Interconnect Solutions
- 05.08.2020Dynamit Nobel Defense again at Future Forces
- 20.07.2020CZ to Present Portfolio of Military Weapons at FF20
- 14.07.2020Last Exhibit Spaces at Future Forces 2020 Available